Even Superman himself, Dwight Howard, can use a little push in preparation of his first NBA Finals appearance. adidas has decided to help him out with the debut of his new shoe, the TS Commander LT. The shoe is built 6 ounces lighter than the model he had previously been wearing and when you’re lugging around that large 7 foot frame, that can only help at this late juncture of the season. These kicks will not be available for retail until October 1st, but if you’re willing to drop some dough for a good cause, you can get a pair off Dwight’s feet sooner. After each game of the Finals, Dwight will be signing his game-worn kicks and they will then be auctioned for charity at NBA.com. Bidding will start at $1,012 and will run through the end of the NBA Finals, so if you are willing to dig deep, you can take your chances at snatching up an incredible collector’s piece from one of the NBA’s brightest young stars. To help you with your decision, you can check out some more pics of the TS Commander LT after the jump.
- After each game, Dwight will sign his pair of game worn TS Commander LT shoes
- Signed shoes will go live on auction at NBA.com
- Bidding will start at $1,012 and will run throughout the NBA Finals
- Final bids being accepted on June 20th
- All the proceeds will go to a charity selected and announced by Dwight post-Finals