Announced just a week and half ago at the annual Apple Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco. The much awaited Apple iPhone 3G S (the “S” stands for speed) will be on sale TODAY at eight initial countries: U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and U.K.
What many industry insiders have judged to be the best iPhone yet, the new version will include many components, both software and hardware, that critics have said were long overdue. And because of these new features, Apple expects to entice many late-adopters to make the switch. Because the anticipated demand, all Apple stores will open at 7 o’clock this morning to begin the daunting task. Hurry, you still have an hour left…
Some of the new iPhone 3G S features include:
- Faster performance – Up to 2X faster, making the iPhone 3G S the fastest iPhone ever
- Longer battery life – A big gripe from iPhone owners was the poor battery life. The new iPhone 3G S has about a third longer battery life.
- New 3-Megapixel camera – Built-in autofocus and ease of control, simply “tap” the subject on the touch screen to focus in
- Video enable – New camera also allows VGA video capability in portrait and landscape. Ease of sharing among friends and family too.
- Advance voice control – Recognize contact information and even song information during the iPod function
- Digital compass with GPS navigation – More accurate than before with map automatically coordinate to the direction you’re facing.
- Better cut, copy, and paste – Quick copy or cut words, photos, and even videos
- Internet tethering – A function many asked for is finally here. You could share the 3G Internet connection on the iPhone with either a Mac or PC notebook*
Available in Black or White, the iPhone 3G S retails for US$ 199 for 16GB model and US$ 299 for 32GB. As for the rest of the world, an estimated 80 countries will have the iPhone 3G S by August of this year.
Release Date: June 19th (TODAY!!!) | 7 am