Despite the worst economic downturn in recent memories, the Cupertino-base Apple was able report the profitable quarter in the company’s history, with a net quarterly profit of $1.67 billion. Most from record sales on its iPhone and Mac computer line. Not heeding to its achievement, Apple announced this morning 2 new products: the Magic Mouse (mentioned previously) and an all new iMac line. Though the same in appearance as the previous model, the new iMac is whole new beast all together. Sporting either a 21.5-inch or a 27-inch display, both backlit by LED for perfect luminosity and energy saving. The 21.5-inch get you straight to HD performance at 1920 x 1080 pixels while the 27-inch model goes beyond HD with 2560 x 1440 pixels.
Aside from the display, its processing speed emulate machines that cost 2 to 3 times more. The 27-inch can top out at 3.46GHz and transform a quad-core Intel Core i7 CPU into a virtual eight-core processor. Making it simply the fastest all-in-one computing platform out there. Other options include:
- 4GB 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM expandable to 16GB
- GPU choices from NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, ATI Radeon HD 4670, ATI Radeon HD 4850
- 1TB Serial ATA hard drive running at 7200 rpm;
- 8x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD ±R DL/DVD ±RW/CD-RW);
- Mini DisplayPort for video output (adapters sold separately);
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n wireless networking and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR;
- iSight video camera;
- Gigabit Ethernet port;
- Four USB 2.0 ports;
- One FireWire 800 port;
- SD card slot;
- Built-in stereo speakers and microphone; and
- Wireless Apple Keyboard, Magic Mouse.
The new Apple iMac 21.5-inch and 27-inch is available now at Apple retail locations, its official online store, and authorized resellers. The Intel Core i5 and i7 quad-core versions are also available for order and will begin shipping next month.