To address the rapidly changing demands of photographers, both professionals and pro-sumers, Panasonic announced the addition of LUMIX DMC-GX1, the latest among its Compact System Camera. Featuring a 16.01-megapixel Live MOS sensor, the new camera system ensures true-to-life resolution and color reproduction thanks largely to its Venus Engine image processor. Unlike other conventional camera system, the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX1, like all other G-Series cameras, uses Contrast AF where auto focusing works in tandem with the image sensor. Combine this with Light Speed AF, photographer can acquire the image they want in as little as 0.09-second. A generous 3.0-inch LCD screen with 460,000-dot and a wide-viewing angle means you can review the photos you took quickly. With touch-control embedded into it, all functions of the camera are accessible with ease. With the 14 Micro Four Thirds lenses and other accessories available, the LUMIX DMC-GX1 is the best of both worlds.
Available in black or silver bodies, the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX1 will be available in various options – DMC-GX1-X with the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S (H-PS14042) lens at suggested retail price of $949.99; the DMC-GX1-K with the 14-42 standard zoom at a price of $799.99; and the DMC-GX1, body only for only $699.99. All to be launch Mid-December in time for the holiday season.
- 16.01 Megapixels Live MOS sensor with Venus Engine Image Processor
- Micro Four Thirds lens mount
- 460,000-dot wide-angle 7.5cm (3.0″) LCD with touch control
- 1920 x 1080 Full-HD High Quality Video Recording
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
- Compatible with the full line of Four Thirds lenses
- Image formats in RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard, MPO+Fine, MPO+Standard
- 23 area Auto Focus System
Release Date: Mid-December 2011