Recently, BODEGA (Boston), mita-sneakers (Tokyo), Kasina (Seoul), along with Barcelona-base 24 Kilates were asked to re-think the classic trail runner, the New Balance ML581. For its concept, 24 Kilates tapped on a constant theme of Mediterranean lifestyle – good food and drinks. With Camino de Santiago, or Way of Saint James, a thousand year old religious pilgrimage to the tomb of Saint James in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain, as the central inspiration, 24 Kilates partnered with regional gourmet specialist at Los Peperetes to prepare a pack perfect for such voyage. Including in the special edition set will be a pair of New Balance ML581 designed by 24 Kilates, to alleviate tired feet during this arduous journey. The pack will also include delicacies from the Galician region, such as coffee and herbal liqueurs, Pulpo en aceite de oliva (Octopus in olive oil), and Berberechos de Carril (Cockles in brine), just in case hunger sets in.
Uniquely curated, the 24 Kilates x Los Peperetes x New Balance ML581 pack will not only be enjoyed by sneaker heads but foodies as well. The collection will be available at 24 Kilates starting Saturday, January 7th, 2012.
Carrer del ComerÃ§, 29 | Map
08003 Barcelona, Spain
TEL #: 932-688-437
Release Date: January 7th, 2012 (Saturday)
The pack comes in a bag and consists of:
- a pair of a New Balance ML581 x 24 Kilates
- a 70 cl limited edition bottle los Peperetes of coffee liqueur
- a 70 cl limited edition bottle los Peperetes of herbal liqueur
- A limited edition Los Peperetes can of Pulpo en aceite de oliva (Octopus in olive oil)
- A limited edition Los Peperetes can of Berberechos de Carril (Cockles in brine)