More than any other superheroes on the silver screen, http://dccomics.com/batman” target=”_blank”>Batman continues to be a litmus test for each generation. In the 80s and 90s, directors http://timburton.com” target=”_blank”>Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher imagined a masked crusader with fanciful gadgetry, glossy appendages, and a PG-rated storyline. The terrorist attacks on September 11th changed all of that. When http://warnerbros.com” target=”_blank”>Warner Bros. and http://legendary.com” target=”_blank”>Legendary Entertainment decided to reboot the franchise in 2005, the Christopher Nolan directed live-action was considerably darker, filled with hints of realism, yet much in-line with its comic book origin.
For fans of the latter, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will be offering http://warnerbros.com/” target=”_blank”>The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition, a Blu-ray boxset containing the three feature films, extra contents not seen in theaters, plus two featurettes and exclusive collectible memorabilia. In all there will be:
About the Ultimate Collector’s Edition (UCE):
• Disc 1 – “Batman Begins” (2005) Feature and Special Features
• Disc 2 – “The Dark Knight” (2008) Feature
• Disc 3 – “The Dark Knight” Special Features
• Disc 4 – “The Dark Knight Rises” (2012) Feature
• Disc 5 – “The Dark Knight Rises” Special Features
• Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features (details follow)
NEW Special Features:
• “The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy” – The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making….forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
• “Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation” – For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (“The Dark Knight” Trilogy) and Richard Donner (“Superman”) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how “Superman” influenced Nolan when developing “Batman Begins.”
• IMAX Sequences: “The Dark Knight;” “The Dark Knight Rises” – See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX aspect ratio.
Exclusive NEW Memorabilia:
• Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
• Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra’s al Ghul
• 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies
Comes in a premium packaging, the The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition will be available starting on September 24th and retails for a suggested price of $99.97 USD.