Though no concrete information were given at the time, a few of us caught hints that a unique http://nike.com” target=”_blank”>Nike Free design was to come this Fall during the http://freshnessmag.com/2013/03/13/nike-free-2013-greater-china-media-summit-event-recap/” target=”_blank”>Nike Free 2013 Greater China Media Summit. The just unveiled Nike Free Trainer 3.0 Mid Shield, it turned out, was that unique design.
Based on the Nike Free, an articulated sole which contours to the natural flex of your feet and the motion when you walk, run, or jump. Designers then added the water resistant Nike Shield Technology as its upper for all-weather training, on whatever-terrain, and in any time. In addition, Nike threw in cage-like upper for support, ripstop mesh for durability and ventilation, and Spandex layering for fit. Capable of rolling like Hummer yet as comfortable as a Rolls-Royce, the Nike Free Trainer 3.0 Mid Shield is due to launch on October 1st through Nike, http://nikerunning.com” target=”_blank”>Nike Running, and http://nikesportswear.com” target=”_blank”>Nike Sportswear retail locations worldwide.
Release Date: October 1st, 2013 (Tuesday)
- Cage-like upper made of extremely pliable synthetic material delivers a custom fit with a flexible structure that moves with the foot
- Notched three-quarter length inner sleeve made of a spandex-based textile provides a sock-like fit that hugs the foot
- Polyurethane layer sits between the spandex-based textile and the lining to create a barrier to repel water
- Dynamic Fit technology is customizable through the laces and anchored under the foot for a glove-like feel
- Reflective graphic print and additional elements remain visible in low-light conditions
- Low-profile, Phylon midsole provides a resilient ride and is tough enough to double as an outsole, dramatically reducing the overall weight
- Sidewall wrap-up design cradles the heel and the midfoot to help keep the foot stable during side-to-side and diagonal movements
- Solid rubber pods with an aggressive delta-node pattern in the heel and perimeter of the forefoot for traction and durability on multiple surfaces
- DiamondFLX design enhances multidirectional flexibility and provides a lightweight, low-profile fit
- Deep flex grooves extending from heel to toe and medial to lateral sides enhance flexibility