Bigger isn’t always better, unless you’re talking about Casio G-Shock. Due to a number of requests from its fans, the watch maker decided to add some heft to its most popular DW-6900 model. After an overhauling process that lasted two years, engineers at Casio created the GD-X6900 Collection. Also designated as the GDX6900 Series, the designs are 10% larger than the original DW-6900. With the increased size, Casio not only re-worked the watch’s inner working but also its shock absorption capability to compensate for the additional weight. The result was the new formulation of alpha-Gel, a shock absorbing polymer so effective that it passed the military standard MIL-STD-810 test. In addition, the GD-X6900 Watch Collection are water resistant up to 200-meter and comes with a 10-year-long battery life. Other features include:
– Water Resistant Up To 20 Atmospheric Bars or 200 Meters
– Shock Resistant with alpha-Gel Insulation
– World Time 31 Time Zones/48 International Cities
– 5 Independent Daily Alarms with Flash Alert
– Stopwatch, Countdown Timer, and 12/24 hour military time
– Super Illuminator Auto LED Backlight
Comes in various colorways, including the GDX6900FB-8 edition with a smoky translucent “skeleton black/gold” design and the GDX6900FB-8B edition with the same “skeleton black” design but metallic silver accents, all are already available for purchase.