For its 2014 marketing initiative, retail giant Champs Sports is reemphasizing its We Know Game motto by bringing its know-hows to the Internet. The result is The Drop, a new blog dedicated to all things sports. Developed in conjunction with Complex Media, The Drop won’t just be an online aggregate for the latest scores and athletes’ stats. Instead, it will provide a fresh, 360-degree look at sports’ affect within the context of Champs Four Pillars of Game – Style, Sports, Sound and Smarts. In The Drop’s official introduction, Scott Burton, Director of Marketing for Champs Sports, stated “Champs Sports is treating The Drop with a show-and-prove attitude. We have long told our target consumer, the high school varsity athlete, that we know Game. And we’ve proven it in our stores, carrying the freshest apparel, sneakers and accessories. Now, we’re bringing Game directly to our core audience through The Drop.”
Along with curated stories from the world of sports, entertainment and fashion, The Drop will also feature regular segments, including:
• Style Points – A celebration of athletes and entertainers who have taken their Game to the next level – and how they did it.
• She Got Game – A look at women in sports who set trends and lead by being unique.
• Schooled – An interview series focusing on athletes and entertainers reminiscing on past experiences, fashion, trends, sports, sneakers and more.
• Hear Me Out – Athletes share the most essential songs on their playlist.
• No Days Off – A look at how athletes train, eat, recover and prepare for the big game.
• The Prequel – A monthly overview of the most anticipated sneaker releases.
Covering the coming and going of sports, visit The Drop from Champs Sports & Complex Media at www.thedrop365.com.