Junior to Senior Writer
Work at our Manhattan office.
Freshnessmag.com is seeking a junior to senior level writer to work from our office in lower Manhattan. As a candidate, you are well versed in the culture of cool for young men ages 16 to 30. Topics range from low end to high end whether its sneakers, shoes, accessories, gadgets or cars. On a daily basis you will join a team of 3 writers and help curate/write up to 10 articles per day. The full team will create up to 30 articles a day. Future management opportunities are available for this position.
- Research content for site
- Write 10-15 articles per day
- Help create original articles (Features, Interviews)
- Edit permanent content (release dates, shop guide)
- Social media feed
Skills and Experiences
- Self starter who is detail oriented and resourceful
- Excellent knowledge on subject matter covered by Freshness.
- Be factual and concise
- Good writing skills, we are not the NY Times, but you should have college level writing skills and be able to write up articles on most Freshness subject matter in flavorful and neutral voice.
- Be able to speed write when important topics come up.
- Photoshop knowledge (or similar photo editing program). You will need to edit photos on a daily basis.
- Good knowledge of web based utilities, Google search, RSS, Twitter, Facebook, etc
- Knowledge of wordpress and blogging
Pluses but not required:
- A good eye for design and photo selection
- Good editorial direction
- Experience in sneaker/streetwear industry.
- English or Journalism Major / College Degree are highly recommended
(PLEASE FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS)
- Please submit sample writing from 3 to 4 of the topics below.:
(In the email body, no attachments please.)
- Include a paragraph about yourself, interests, hobbies, etc.
- Include a recent resume (can be an attachment)
- Subject line: Freshness Writer Job
Send all to:
JOBS (at) Freshnessmag.com