In homage to the great basketball player, the technical and design elements of the Nike Air Jordan have been ground breaking since the first and subsequent editions - from Air Jordan 1's ban because of NBA uniform rules to the Air Jordan XV, which modeled after the world's fastest jet.
And with the release of Nike Air Jordan XX3 (23), an all-important edition because of its relation to the Jordan's jersey number, Nike embarked on a new set of design and technical challenges, which included:
- Air Jordan XX3 (23) is the first basketball shoe in Nike's history to be designed according to Nike Considered ethos.
- The design of the Air Jordan XX3 (23) minimizes waste and use of solvent based cements.
- Automotive quality painting process on the backside of the Thermo Plastic Urethane (TPU) chassis is completed by an efficient robot arm to maximize the quality, consistency and durability of the paint and component.
- Outsole uses environmentally preferred rubber that reduces toxics and incorporates Nike Grind material from footwear outsole manufacturing waste.
- A newly engineered, patent-pending, stitching machine stitches the upper in 3-D form.
- New quilted pattern molded sock liner that provides quality arch support.provides quality arch support.
- Full length Zoom Air sole unit for superior cushioning.
- Carbon fiber/acrylic weave shank plate adds structure and support in key areas.
And because its namesake, Michael Jordan's active involvement in the project, from start to finish, are evident throughout the sneaker:
- An imprint of Michael Jordan's finger print traction pattern on outsole.
- Michael Jordan signature on toe cap.
- Michael Jordan thumb print on back of tongue lining.
- Handcrafted MJ stitch pattern offers beautiful detailing and function.
Currently available at NikeStore.com
Color: White/Stealth-Black-Metallic Gold
More detailed photos after the jump...