Is he the accidental billionaire that his public relation team wants you to think he is? Or is he the scheming trickster, who cunningly branded other people's ideas as his own? Or as photographer Martin Schoeller portrayed in his photoshoot, a socially awkward creature of some sort, longing to be most popular twentysomething on the planet? For whatever persona people perceived him as or the character he took on at that moment, there is no denying the immense influences he and his creation have over the world... yes, not a single nation but Planet Earth. His creation is Facebook and his name is Mark Zuckerberg, TIME Magazine Person Of The Year 2010. 550 million "friends" can not be wrong...
Some interesting facts from the article
- 550 million members thus far. If Facebook was a country, it will be the third largest in population after India and China
- 1 of 12 people on Earth has a Facebook account
- Nearly half of Americans have a Facebook account
- 70% of Facebook members live outside of the Unitied States
- Facebook members speak 75 different languages
- About 700,000 people join Facebook each day