There's a certain romance to the transience of flowers, but we actually prefer our Valentine's gifts with staying power, in terms of both quality and style. After all, considering what's being celebrated, it may be wise to go with goods that can stand the test of time, offering a level of commitment that few relationships can sustain. Yes, we're still talking about Valentine's presents, and yes, these are the pieces you will absolutely have a relationship with. They're offered by the leather specialists of Portland's Tanner Goods, who create the kind of artfully made utilitarian products that one needs to buy just a handful of times in his life. They're joined by a curated selection of brands found at The Woodlands, the company's lifestyle shop in downtown Portland, Oregon. Maybe leave the browser on your device open with this page on the screen, in case your significant other needs help finding the perfect gift.
[column width="48%" padding="3%"]1. Tanner Goods Classic BeltCrafted from 9oz. Horween Rich Chromexcel leather and versatile enough to wear with just about everything. It will be the one constant throughout all your looks, getting even better as it ages.
2. Tanner Goods Utility BifoldAn indispensable accessory is made even more necessary with Horween Chromexcel leather and a beautifully efficient design, one that has just enough room to hold the essentials to get you through the day.
3.Tanner Goods Premium WristbandLeave the stacks of mix-and-match bracelets to the peacocks and dandies. Go instead for a simple wristband that's rugged and subtle, making a statement without drawing undue attention.
4. Tanner Goods x Danner Light Sherman Boots The latest release from Tanner Goods' ongoing collaboration with Danner centers around this rugged silhouette, built for the great outdoors but versatile enough for wear on city streets.[/column]
[column width="48%"]5. Engineered Garments 19th Century BD Shirt Character, construction and a certain quirkiness are all contained in this signature patchwork piece from EG designer Daiki Suzuki, whose vision has always been to push the design boundaries of classic American workwear.
6. Engineered Garments Driver Jacket Lightweight, timeless and imbued with a host of functional details, this is more a transitional weather solution than a simple springtime jacket.
7. Tanner Goods Wilderness RucksackBuilt with waxed 18 oz. filter twill canvas and Horween Rich Chromexcel leather trim, this carryall is field tested for all conditions but you'll find yourself lugging it with you just to get coffee down the block.
8. 3sixteen Shadow Selvedge Jeans Offered in 3sixteen's slim and modern ST-120X cut, these selvedge denim jeans will fade to a beautiful high-contrast blue shade, thanks to the usage of indigo warp and black weft threads.[/column]