Founded in 1997 by Sarah Lerfel and her mother Colette Roussaux, for whom the store is named, colette has become an institution without sacrificing any vestige of cool. The three-level store is located in Paris on the Rue St.-Honoré, from where it commands a level of influence -- if not simple name recognition -- seldom achieved by retailers. Especially in the realm of menswear, colette has an uncanny ability to mix high and low, in which luxury brands are sold alongside emerging streetwear labels and deliberately kitschy paraphernalia. You'll hear words thrown around like "eclectic," "iconoclastic" and "edgy" when it comes to colette. We've given up trying to encapsulate the colette experience. Instead, we'll just showcase a selection of their best Valentine's offerings.
[column width="48%" padding="3%"]1. Morgane Lane Lolita Sleeping Mask There may be no more precious gift than the gift of sleep.
2. Miller Harris "Love" Candle A limited-edition offering with the bi-annual British style magazine LOVE, this candle has citrus top notes and a woodsy base for an unbeatable combination.
3. Maison Labiche T-Shirt Founded in 2010 by a Parisian duo of young creatives, Maison Labiche, they've attracted a loyal following for their embroidered apparel pieces. This simple tee is elegantly expressive.
4. Enswear Bucket Hat Parisian brand Enswear takes the traditional bucket hat and turns it on its ear, applying a patent leather fabrication to that most unglamorous headwear staple.[/column]
[column width="48%"]5. OAMC Parka Jacket The classic waterproof parka, refreshed with quilted detailing throughout the exterior to breathe new life to a familiar silhouette.
6. Mr. Wonderful Coffee Mug Morning coffee is even better with a daily affirmation.
7. Ceizer x colette "Evol colette" T-Shirt Pieter Ceizer, the renowned typographic designer and artist, has created an exclusive t-shirt collection for colette that shows off his handiwork in ardent fashion.
8. E.U. x André x colette Long-Sleeve T-Shirt KB Lee, aka Fakesickness, teamed up with Edison Chen and André for a new project called Emotionally UnAvailable. The brand's tee, exclusive to colette, is emblazoned with a fitting tagline.[/column]