Sartorially speaking, transitioning from winter to spring can be a tricky proposition. Just look around you and observe huddled masses, swaddled in goose down and lambswool, walking alongside carefree souls in polo shirts and cargo shorts. It’s not just tax forms that cause mass confusion this time of year, but we’ve got you covered: ignore the trend reports and keep things versatile and simple, with natural, breathable fabrics finished in low-key hues. Add a few stylish accessories to stand out from the crowd. Follow those basic rules and you’ll be golden. Better yet, simply grab the pieces assembled in our handy grid above.
[column width="48%" padding="3%"]1. Acne Studios Spitfire Sunglasses Longer days call for a good pair of sunglasses, and Acne Studios has just launched its first full eyewear collection, highlighted by these spiffy Spitfire shades. They're handcrafted in France and come in a silver palladium metal frame with flat lenses, offering a modern take on the classic aviator.
2. Norse Projects 6 Panel Cap The traditional six-panel cap -- equipped here with a woven nylon strap -- is upgraded with linen construction, which means you'll be protected from sun and wind without any danger of overheating. Norse Projects keeps the minimalist aesthetic intact with a simple white logo patch.
3. Weiss Standard Issue Field Watch Based in Los Angeles, Weiss Watch Co. designs and manufactures its classic Field Watch within L.A. city limits. (Founder Cameron Weiss is developing an American mechanical movement in L.A. as well, which would make Weiss one of the very few wholly American watchmakers.) That's reason enough to support the company, but the Field Watch has a beautifully classic look that goes with just about anything.
4. NEIGHBORHOOD x The Fourness NF Border Crew Knit Sweater This collaboration between fellow Japanese brands NEIGHBORHOOD and The Fourness presents a new twist on a classic crewneck sweater, using differently textured knits to created a striped effect. 100% cotton construction makes the garment highly breathable, but the substantial weight offers plenty of insulation during chilly nighttime temps.[/column]
[column width="48%"]5. WTAPS Buds Skinny Trousers The Buds Skinny Trousers exemplify WTAPS' ability to translate military garb for everyday wear. The cut here is a golden one, offered in a slim, modern silhouette but with enough room for ease of movement. The Japanese brand's legendary attention to detail is seen in the reinforced side pockets and rear seat darting.
6. Raleigh Denim Jacket Washed Nep Denim Jacket North Carolina's Raleigh Denim takes the work out of breaking in a classically styled denim jacket. The Washed Nep Denim Jacket is constructed from washed denim that feels like it's already been through years of wear, making it ideal for sunny weekends.
7. visvim Hockney Suede Boat Shoes visvim's version of the classic boat shoe elevates the footwear stalwart with a number of premium details. There are the high-quality materials, seen on the Italian vegetable tanned cowhide suede upper and glove leather interior, along with TPU Heel stabilizer and natural cork footbed for enhanced comfort. Best of all, the traditional aesthetic remains intact, complete with discreet visvim branding.
8. The Hill-Side Socks The Brooklyn-based company puts out some of the best casual crew socks on the market, using mostly recycled cotton and double-layer cuffs to prevent slippage. We like this heather red coloring with mismatched toe and heel detail, adding a bit of character to the most utilitarian of accessories.[/column]