Want to keep cool even as the temperature trends upward? Stick to a blue color theme, which is versatile enough to handle sun-drenched days, cool evenings and surprise showers. Keep in mind a monochromatic theme doesn't have to be boring. Take advantage of novel prints, unexpected details and a fresh take on tried and true formulas. Embrace your own Blue Period, and check out our latest installment of the Freshness Grid.
[column width="48%" padding="3%"]1. Shwood Canby 50/50 Louisville Slugger Sunglasses Nothing says spring like baseball, and these classic acetate shades have vintage bat inspired inlays, made to look like a Louisville Slugger stained with tar pine and sweat.
2. Nike Air Max 1 Essential "All White"You can never go wrong with a fresh pair of Nike Air Max 1s, and this pristine all white pair is tailor made for a sunny spring day. A combination of mesh and leather, plus subtle hits of black at the branding, eyelets and outsole, prevent the shoe from an uninteresting uniformity.
3. Rough & Tumble Gingham Jerry Shirt A new addition to the Nepenthes family, Rough & Tumble confers a new look to the traditional gingham print shirt, using patchwork construction and a relaxed fit to make this a go-to for weekend barbecues.
4. ISAORA Tactical Pant This slim-fitting silhouette uses an Italian tech stretch cotton canvas with a number of functional details -- including articulated seams at the knee and an elasticated cuff with side zippers -- that make for a versatile pant built for comfort.[/column]
[column width="48%"]5. J.Crew Wallace & Barnes A-2 Bomber Jacket Under its heritage inspired Wallace & Barnes imprint, J.Crew offers a fresh take on the classic A-2 bomber, featuring a nylon build in an appealing Abyss Blue shade with dark navy trim.
6. Suunto Core Brushed Steel Digital Watch Warming temps means you'll finally get back to the great outdoors, and Finland's Suunto watches are the gold standard for outdoor timepieces. This one boasts a digital compass and barometric altimeter, along with an aluminum case and black rubber strap that make it versatile enough for casual wear.
7. nanamica Cordura Daypack This pack has just the stuff you need, without any extraneous details. The Cordura carryall has a large main compartment, zippered front pocket and padded straps.
8. Stance Wally Socks Having inked a deal with the NBA, Stance Socks will soon become a mainstay on basketball courts. The brand's inventive designs -- like this tie-dye pattern combined with bold horizontal stripes -- add a bit of game-day flair to your everyday outfit.[/column]