It's summertime, and as the George Gershwin song tells us, the livin' is easy. But what makes the season special is that it's so ephemeral. The days may move slow, but take them for granted and they'll be gone in the proverbial blink of an eye. So get ready to savor the dog days, which are just around the corner. Spend your weekends outside. Let your toes breathe. Bring along a couple of bottles of wine, and don't forget the tunes, or your trusty shades. And last but not least, apply -- and reapply -- sunblock as needed.
[column width="48%" padding="3%"]1. Supreme Cat Sunglasses The streetwear king has made new sunglasses an annual tradition, and this year's Cat frames are a welcome addition to its seasonal lineup, offering timeless appeal with retro flair.
2. Waltzing Matilda BYOB Dual Bottle Carrier Hydration is a must, but so is a good bottle of vino. A must for any picnic or outdoor cookout.
3. A.P.C. Adam Sandals Take a break from the Havaianas and try on a pair of sandals that are sophisticated enough that they can't double as shower shoes.
4. Carhartt WIP Johnson Short Loud, colorful but not obnoxious. This is how you show that you're taking summer seriously.[/column]
[column width="48%"]5. Sunspel Pocket Tee Coordinate your top and shorts just as you would a shirt and tie. If one features a bold, colorful design, the other should be simple and understated.
6. Filson Daypack Just big enough to carry your essentials, made with water resistant fabric to protect against exuberant splashers while you're lounging poolside.
7. Boom Movement Urchin Bluetooth Speaker Built with ultimate portability in mind, the Urchin can be attached almost anywhere via carabiner or suction cup, and can withstand water, dust and the occasional drop.
8. Patagonia Stretch Wavefarer Board Shorts When you're ready to take the plunge, go with these color-blocked board shorts that offer simple visual appeal, while also boasting a DWR finish and 40-UPF sun protection.[/column]