Presented by Levi's
Even as trend forecasters sounded the death knell for denim, we knew it wasn’t going anywhere. Joggers and sweatpants supplanting your favorite pair of jeans? Not likely, and a new study from research firm NPD seemed to confirm that fact: millennials, who were believed to be leading the charge against denim, were now driving denim sales upward. Maybe they realized that nothing compares to its versatility, and that denim is one of the few things in life that gets better with age. The Levi’s® 541™ silhouette is a prime example that meets the needs of the modern consumer, the kind of guy with an athletic build who looks for a tailored fit in his denim. Even better, they’re jeans you can build an outfit around. Need ideas? Check out our latest installment of the Freshness Grid.
[column width="48%" padding="3%"]1. Levi’s® 541™ Athletic Fit in Rigid Dragon Wash Cut in an athletic and contemporary fit, the Levi’s® 541™ fit has a tailored look but comfortable fit, offering more room in the seat and thigh with a slightly tapered leg. We like the Rigid Dragon finish, featuring a versatile and modern dark indigo shade.
2. Our Legacy 1940s Button-Down Shirt In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Swedish brand, this timeless button-down has an appealing mix of overdyed dark hues. The soft flannel cotton fabrication is perfect for the chilly autumn nights ahead.
3. Carhartt WIP Watch Backpack Classic Carhartt styling is paired with a minimalist silhouette for an unbeatable combination. A breathable mesh padded back is good for longwearing comfort.
4. Thom Browne Tortoiseshell Acetate Aviator Sunglasses Handmade in Japan, these classic aviators are constructed from lightweight acetate in a nicely burnished tortoiseshell print. Lightweight titanium arms add a modern design dimension to the classically styled frames.[/column]
[column width="48%"]5. Converse Jack Purcell Signature in Burnt Umber Goat Leather The iconic Jack Purcell gets an upgrade with a premium goat leather upper, accented with flat cotton laces and polished aluminum accents. An Ortholite footbed and Nike’s Zoom Air cushioning deliver an uber-comfortable ride.
6. Engineered Garments Coverall Jacket This work wear-inspired piece has an array of pockets for enhanced functionality, combined with a natural indigo-dyed broken-denim shell for a uniquely weathered texture. Metal buttons a minimalist band collar confer a contrasting contemporary touch.
7. Poler x Nixon Ranger 45 Leather Bearing a polished aesthetic but made for wear in the great outdoors, this collaboration between Nixon and Poler Outdoor Stuff is versatile enough for both white-linen dinner parties and bonfires on the beach.
8. Anonymous Ism Multicolor Socks This Japanese brand has developed a cult following, due in large part to the multicolored design on this particular pair. They’re not just socks, they’re an excuse to cuff your jeans.[/column]