We wanted to warn our readers -- specifically those among you who photographers -- that there's an email scam that's been making the rounds recently. The content will look like this:
I saw your portfolio on workbook.com and after going through your portfolio online, I would like to learn more about your services. I’m looking for an experienced photographer to work with on an ongoing blogging and articles. I blog for various online platforms and would love to collaborate with photographers on genre such as beauty, vintage, art, lifestyle, and outdoor.
I am compiling shots for freshnessmag.com “fashion page” segment and the online fashion magazine is looking for professional and reliable photographers who want to create stunning images- Freshness is particularly looking for outdoor and urban looks.
If you’re interested this project, it is important to understand few details about the project. These are:
- You will be required to work with 2 models.
- There will be 3 outfits per model, 5 looks for each outfit, which totals 30 looks/images.
- Outfits/Wardrobe will be supplied by us.
- Location, date, and time will be fixed by you.
- We want 30 professionally taken pictures in High Res Digital Copies.
- Delivery date: January 20th.
- Compensation: $2200 ($700 upfront and $1500 final payment).
- You will hold full image right (Licensor)
As the photographer we want you to handle other aspect of the gig and dictate the creative direction. Please reply to this mail if you can handle this, so I can forward a contract to be signed by both parties.
You could check out a sample of my work: https://www.freshnessmag.com/2017/09/27/kith-nike-take-flight-collection-release-dates/#gid=ci0215e8aff0002411&pid=kith-nike-take-flight-collection-07
The email has been sent with variances in terms of people and publications, but just be warned that this is indeed a scam targeting photography professionals. Especially if the sender is purporting to represent Freshness but the email doesn't come from an official Freshness email account, then it is likely fake.